YES Autumn might just be our favourite time of the year in San Sebastian!
This season September, October, November in the Basque Country is ticking all the boxes.
Here's our "TOP 10 REASONS" why you should book your trip post Summer.
- It's probably the driest months of the year, yes folks it rains in San Sebastian but consistently less in Autumn than Spring.
- The weathers still on point, between 18 - 30 degrees. Fresh mornings, sunny, hot days and cool nights, is there anything better?
- The sea's still warm so Swimming, Sailing, Surfing and Stand up paddleboarding are all on the cards.
- It's harvest time which means if you like wine a visit to La Rioja is an absolute must. See the inner workings of the wineries at their most exciting when all the magic happens. An absolute treat to see the art of vino.
- They don't call it the beautiful Basque Country for nothing and rolling into Autumn it's spectacular, whether it's hiking inland or out on the coast, bike rides through the woods or exploring up into France on those clear cut days.
- It's a whole lost quieter, Summers finished and there's a relaxed vibe everywhere from the beaches to the bars.
- Less people means it's easier to get into exclusive hotels, restaurants and visit our favourite pintxo spots.
- It's swell season, after days and days of small surf September is when those ground swells start to roll in and the whole coast lights up.
- There's still so much going on with the San Sebastian International film festival in September being a full highlight.
- It's sunset time, brooding red skies for days & days.
We are open all year round, if you would like more details on all our adventures please get in touch. [email protected]